Sunday, October 24, 2010

Some Excellent Resources for Artists

I thought I would start off my blog by talking a bit about what I am adding to my links. This way, people will know what they are getting into when they are perusing the sites.


First up, I wanted to discuss aaaaarg.org This is a site that has had many many different names, all with a varying number of A's in the name. It's a site that has compiled a copious amount of art theory and critic writing. It's a tremendous resource for learning about topics, and being able to start discussions as well (there is a forum of sorts) It's members only, so you have to create an account, but it is free. Excellent Excellent site, so glad it keeps popping back up.

was recommended to me by Lane Cooper. There is no point in writing out what it is, when they have already done a great job of it, so to quote their homepage:
"re-title.com is the information resource for emerging and professional contemporary art, providing directory services for internationally focused artists and galleries.

...used daily by thousands of artists, curators, critics, gallerists, writers, media professionals, collectors and enthusiasts for research and current information. "


I use this site to keep informed, as well as look for opportunities, both for grants, and for shows. I've found some great things from here.

That seems to be a good start, so I'm off to get food.

No comments: